Collection and Use of Personal Information
- No request of personal information will be made when users are browsing the Choicee International website and related websites. Users will be requested to enter their personal information when they sign up for member’s services, subscribe e-newsletter, or join our activities, for the purpose of completing the services.
- Personal information obtained by us and related websites is only for our internal use based on the originally intended purpose and scope. User’s personal information shall not be provided to any third party or used for other purposes unless otherwise explained in advance or stipulated in R.O.C. laws and regulations.
- Users’ browsing activities in the website will be automatically recorded, including the IP address and software properties, but such information is only for web traffic analysis and network behavior survey with the purpose of improving service quality of the website.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Choicee will not give users’ personal information to, or share it with, any third party unless for provision of products or services requested b users, or in the following conditions.
- When information is collected by our business partners (e.g., service provider) on our website for assisting us in providing products and services. However, these companies have no independent rights to share this information.
- When we respond to summons, court orders or legal procedures, acquire or exercise legal rights, or provide defense against a lawsuit request.
- When it is necessary to share users’personal information for investigation and prevention of illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations with potential threat to personal safety, violations to Choicee International’s terms of service, or for taking corresponding measures against the above conditions, or otherwise stipulated by laws.
- As is true of most websites, we gather information including internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data and store it in log files.. To browse the Choicee International website, users must set their browser to accept Cookies. Users may set the browser to send notification when receiving Cookies, so that users may decide whether to accept it or not.
- Choicee has no access to or control on the Cookie used by our business partners (e.g., service provider) on our website. This Privacy Statement applies to the Cookie under the domain of www.choicee.com only.
Data Storage and Change of User’s Information
- To prevent loss of user’s information due to computer failure or accident arising from human mistakes, we will regularly save a temporary copy of users’ information when users sign up at Choicee International or transfer information to us.
- When a user requests to delete an account, we will cancel the user’s account information in the user database, and keep the information in back-up database for a period of time after the cancellation is requested. To prevent users from illegal fraud, users’ information may be saved in the back-up database even when users’ account information has been taken out of the operational user database.
- When signing up for membership, users may set a login name and a password for themselves. Through the account, users may use member’s services according to the website description, and change their personal membership information at any time. Please keep your member’s login and password properly, and avoid giving such information to anyone. Please log out or close the browser when finish using.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
- To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Choicee employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
- Choicee International reserves the rights to amend any item of this Statement. We will announce the amended Statement at specific place on the website, but no individual notice will be sent to members.